When you walk through our door, you’re not just starting a job. You’re starting a career at a company that cares about you. Our offices are a community of people passionate about engaging and helping people across the country. With competitive pay and benefits that start on your first day, Assurant’s a company ready to invest in you. But don’t take our word for it. Our benefits speak for themselves. Here’s just a peek at what we offer:
- Generous paid-time-off package with 23 total days, including holidays, within your first year
- Undergraduate tuition reimbursement programs
- Various work schedules and potential to work from home
- Stock purchasing options along with a 401k and additional financial resources
- Potential to share in the company’s success through a performance bonus
- Health, dental and personal wellness plans
- And more …
At Assurant, you’ll find a team eager to help you grow your career and find meaning in your work. Are you ready to join?
The work hours for this position can run anywhere from 8:00am – 10:00pm EST Monday through Friday and 8:00am – 8:00pm EST on Saturday.
What is a Customer Care Specialist at Assurant?
The Customer Care Specialist is a key position within Assurant because you’re the voice of our organization and clients. You’re highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact, and you care about helping others. The customer experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You’re a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone, and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find a resolution.
Why You Should Consider This Role:
- You love helping and connecting with people.
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on your feet and enjoys a challenge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You believe the details are important and actively listen for them.
- You go above and beyond because you want to, not because you have to.
- Incentive program: The amount of this payment ranges from 0 – $4,800 annually depending on meeting quality, adherence and attendance goals monthly with payments made on a quarterly basis.
What You Will Like:
- The diversity — every day and every customer is different.
- The opportunity to demonstrate your unique problem-solving abilities to our customers and to the rest of your team.
- The difference in the value Assurant places on great customer service and the recognition you’ll receive from our customers and our leaders when you exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our Fortune 500 company.
- Competitive starting pay in a highly motivated pay-for-performance environment.
- Handle in-bound calls from our customers by researching and resolving loan-level inquiries in hazard insurance, mortgage banking and property loss.
- This role requires listening to our customers’ concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issues.
- Because every customer is different, we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers’ current challenges, solve them and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges.
- You may be asked to participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities and adjust priorities as requested.
- A robust paid training environment enables you to learn the business, the systems, the policies and, most importantly, how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges. Training will be a combination of classroom, online and side-by-side observations.
What You Should Know About Us:
Assurant is the company that protects and secures the places people live and the things they buy. We’re a Fortune 500 company with approximately 16,000 employees in 21 countries across North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. We help keep life running smoothly for more than 300 million people around the world. Protecting 38 million mobile devices. 40 million motor vehicles. 80 million appliances. 36 million mortgages. And that’s just the beginning.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Great conversation skills and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Relentless drive to own the customer’s problem and resolve it
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multitask using technology, including call handling, loan-level review and call documentation
- Minimum high school diploma or GED, and 1 year of work experience required
- College degree with 0-1 year of work experience, preferred
- If you are being hired for a remote position, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.